Monday, October 17, 2005

Paving The Way

Day Three

Day Three

     BOY!!! I finally showered …yehhhh!!Lol...but like Charles King says this is “Urban Camping” and Valerie Jimenez says “it is what it is”.  This was our first day of the 16 mile walk and it went great. I mean the crowd was pumping people were loving us they were marching with us little kids were holding our C2EA Banners.  This is what I was hoping and it’s working spreading the word out most of these people aren’t aware that there is still people that care about the AIDS/HIV issues.  It’s just so sad that in New Jersey no one really cares about AIDS issues and Newark ranks number 2 on high rates and only like 3 or 4 people showed up but our group was there waking everyone up and chanting.  The Banana chant is so funny and cool. When we entered to Elizabeth we rested and had lunch and at 2pm the rally started. Once again no more than 10 people showed up to talk about issues that they are facing in there city, but you know what that is all we need.  Needle Exchange is not legal in NJ and it’s one of the main reasons why there is such a high infection rate in NJ and that broke my heart. I really felt happy to be with Paving the way and marching down.  But I look around and don’t see anyone my age and that makes me angry because there should be a lot more people like my age marching to D.C. I know I’m not the only one out of school (which I plan on going back in 06).  But you know what it only takes one person to represent the face of HIV for the youth and the Latin community.  It’s not easy but I know that I’ll be helping out and talking for so many people that I might not even know.  This is only day three and boy I am so HYPE.  Tuesday day four we will march to New Brunswick Can’t wait.  By the way I am staying in Rahway, NJ at a Baptist Church the food was great much thanks to them. I’ll tell you more tomorrow.

Matt Frank you’re a funny dude

E-N-D NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Johnny Guaylupo

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home