Tuesday, October 18, 2005

Paving The Way

F I D

Fatigue Induced Delirium


Tuesday October 18, 2005

C2EA – Day 4

Supporters,

Where to begin? Simply, an exhausting day. I can remember as a young boy of 17 coming home from an eight-hour dance workshop completely exhausted and wanting nothing more than to sleep for a week. The exhaustion was fueled with the knowledge that I was to get up and do the same thing the next day. Never in my wildest dreams did I think that I would ever top that feeling, which of course was before the C2EA.

These past two days have motivated me to create a new diagnostic category - fatigue induced delirium. Around the seventh hour of walking I have observed this band of travelers begin to laugh uncontrollably, bark unexpectedly and unable to speak in complete sentences.

For those of you who care, I am using my digital camera. The oddest thing is occurring, (and I do not believe that this is a symptom of fatigue induced delirium as it happens too early in the day) I find myself taking random shots of road signs, why I do not understand. I can only presume that unconsciously I fear getting lost and those pictures are going to be my map home.

Let us hope that tomorrow will be an easier day.

Walking,

Michael Hickey

3 Comments:

At 9:04 PM, Blogger Vicki said...

Don't forget that you took a picture of a fre hydrant somewhere in Roselle NJ...I am a witness...

 
At 9:05 PM, Blogger Vicki said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 1:33 AM, Blogger Tom Donohue said...

Michael - thats awesome! Soo funny! let me know when you find the sign that says CURE this way! Your on the way to helping find one! Thanks and keep your spirits up!

Tom

 

Post a Comment

<< Home