Saturday, October 22, 2005

Paving The Way

Goodbye and Safe Travels from Boise!!!!!


Woo! Hoo!

I just wanted to thank The caravan riders Jack, Lowan, Kaytee, Paul, Vaughn,
Dan, Christopher, Ricky, & Levi from Portland and wish them safe journeys.

I am excited to be part of such an amazing movement. We had a visully stunning
event - thanks to the beautiful people who worked so hard on our Rally I would
like to thank Wendy Morgan & Idaho Womens Network, Ellie Merrick and the
Organization for Gender Equality and Education (OGEE) @ Boise State University,
Rachel Olson & Planned Parenthood of Idaho, Christopher Elijah (our Poster
Artist), Mariah Malcolm & HIV Service Clinic, Jusy Thorne @ Northwest AIDS
Educaiton Training Center, Anne Williamson & Lisa Kramer of the STD/AIDS
Program, Kara Hartman & Kelly O'rourke form the Boise State Service Learning
Program, Autumn Hayned and the BSU Women's Center, Brett Berning & the Central
District Health Department, Angela Schonders @ Boise Parks & Rec's, Fran
Matthews & El Ada, Christoprher & his fellow FIRE Dancers, Red Robin In
Meridian, the downtown Chicago Connection, Representive Nicole LeFavour,
Channel 6 news, the first lady of Idaho Patricia Kempthorne, and all the
a.l.p.h.a folks Randi Messer C2EA Rally Coordinator, Travis, Jewel, Jeri,
Shevaun, Trish, Richard, Geno, Alan, Brenda, Brady, Harry, Matthew, Javier,
Ryan, Jenessa, Tiffany, Larkin, Stephanie, and everyone else who attended and
help with the event.

I am happy for our community the C2EA was able to get us mobilized in such a
fashion. I promise this is just the first step in much better direction for
Idaho and for our entire country. We will begin meeting with legislators and
other folks to get our state to step up to our ADAP crisis and then will will
do what we can to ensure the Fedeal governments steps up as well.

I am excited for the partnerships that are beginning, with folks we would not
expect. I want to do whatever I can to make Idaho. my home & my community a
safe and aware place for HIV & AIDS, a compassion that will seep out of our
borders and into neghboring state and through out the country.

HIV & AIDS is something that cannot not be ignored. We need to address it. This
experience has got me to start looking at more then just HIV issues and I think
that is good.

I wish I could be in D.C. to see everyone there, but I know that we have some
great folks who can carry on the my message and the hundreds and probably even
thousands of the silent voices from Idaho to the steps of congrees in D.C.
Remember Caravan Riders the stories, the faces, the spirits you meet along the
way, because we will not forget you. You are hope for so many. I wish you all
the best and thank you, thank you, thank you.

Take care and be safe,
Duane Quintana Executive Director. a.l.p.h.a. Boise

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home