Friday, October 21, 2005

Paving The Way

It is what it is


It is what it is!

Wet cold rain
Tired bodies
Good people
Short tempers

Deep belly laughs
Lugging luggage
Moving, walking
Chanting, drumming

Debriefings
New energy coming
Comrades leaving
Lights out

Early wake ups
Great hosts, different state
Vehicle leap frog
Neighborhoods, communities

Packing, unpacking
Not enough sleep
Snorers, early risers
Loud voices, personalities

Churches, meals
Water, bathrooms
Flyers, buckets
Cars, trucks

Cell phones, crackberries
Air mattresses, I-pods
Laptops, work
No end in sight

Sprinters, stragglers
Marshals, asphalt
Making new friends
Missing loved ones

Urban Camping: Paving the Way…
No longer a dream…it’s real!
I am honored!
It is what it is!
-val  

1 Comments:

At 7:44 PM, Blogger Emilio said...

Valerie, I am back in NYC will
see doctor tommorrow Monday
October 24,2005. Will return
by morning of 25th, tell Anthony
not to let anyone use drum as it
break. I am returning with my tools to make final repairs with
my drill,screws,nuts and washers.
See you on Tuesday.
EmilioJournal

 

Post a Comment

<< Home