Monday, October 17, 2005

Paving The Way

Monday October 17 20

Monday October 17, 2005
C2EA Day 3

Supporters,

Today was our first full 8 hour day…..15 miles. My feet ache, my forehead is sunburn and my heart is full.

I knew at the beginning of this journey that I would have the pleasure of meeting some wonderful people along the way that would offer me beautiful stories.

Today I met Terry Zealand the Executive Director of the AIDS Resource Center for Children in Newark, New Jersey. The Resource Center was the first place in the United States created to serve the needs for children infected and affected by HIV/AIDS. This man was full of life and treated us with a passion that was undeniable. His organization is about to loose their headquarters because of lack of funding. This agency has placed 800 orphans into homes……and they are close to loosing funding for their Children’s Center.

Today I met Carol from the Second Baptist Church in Rahway, New Jersey. Carol lost her husband two months ago and has isolated due to grief. Today was her first day back at her church and she decided to volunteer her time to feed thirty fatigued and starving marchers. She sat down and thanked us for listening……….Carol, thank you for sharing your heartfelt story.

Keep your thoughts with me, as mine are with you.

Walking,

Michael Hickey

1 Comments:

At 4:13 PM, Blogger job opportunitya said...

Unusual blog. I liked the site its from so much I
have to visit it again! I surf the web for blogs like
yours in my spare time.
I wish I was like you, but I'll go and peep your blog.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home